English language classes usually require a lot of writing. When you're a middle school student, you don't feel the pressure. But high school and college students are assigned complex topics. They are rarely free to choose their own idea, so it makes the situation even more complicated. An argumentative essay should be based on three major set of skills of any good student:
- Research skills
- Writing skills
- Analytical skills
If one of these is your weak point, you would probably need online academic writing assistance. Anyway, you should try writing a persuasive paper on one of the chosen topics on your own. This is a good practice for your communication and research skills. Argumentative essays are assigned to train your debating abilities. This assignment has a great influence on how a student will perform or give a public speech later.
HOW TO SELECT DEBATABLE ARGUMENTATIVE TOPICS TO DISCUSS
You might think that it's better when your teacher assigns a particular argumentative topic to you. Having a right to develop your own idea is always better. When working on the persuasive essay, a student has to collect all valuable and time-tested sources to prove his knowledge of the certain issue. You may be encouraged to use such primary sources as:
- Academic journals
- Scientific magazines
- Official reports
Even if you are an expert in a certain field, don't hesitate to use and cite external sources. It will point to your ability to collect and select only the most relevant sources. Besides, direct and indirect quotes are needed to support your knowledge of academic writing style. If you are not sure in your writing skills, turn to professional writing agency to buy a winning argumentative essay on a variety of topics for cheap.
GET YOUR PERFECT ESSAY NOW
BEST ARGUMENTATIVE PAPER TOPICS
Easy argumentative essay topics
- Education should be free for everyone
- Why are the US citizens rapidly becoming more obese?
- Internet access must be limited to students
- Young people must have a right to choose when it comes to military
- Each student must have a right to pick only those disciplines he is interested in
- What are the advantages US educational system offers to international students?
- Which secondary languages are worth studying today?
- Is education too commercialised nowadays?
- Is current academic grading helpful in performance?
- Are tests like SAT and ACT effective?
- Advantages and disadvantages of MBA program.
Sports argumentative essay topics
- What can be done to assist teenagers in maintaining a healthy weight?
- Physical education in the school system.
- Does participation in NCAA negatively influence the academic performance?
- What is the top unbreakable record in sport?
- Is Michael Jordan still a basketball star?
Argumentative essay topics for middle school
- What is the real relationship between food, fitness, and weight?
- What are the negative effects of diets?
- Society should fight with anorexia
- To regulate health issues, people should think about their sleep more
- Is golf still demanded?
- Steroid takers must be banned from team sports activities.
- Is swimming really the best type of sport?
- Hockey and other dangerous sports.
Argumentative essay topics for college
- Production and sales of tobacco must be made illegal
- Death sentence should be activated in every country of the world
- Smoking in public places has to be banned
- Alcohol usage should be controlled
- They should not sell alcohol beverages after 11 P.M.
- Energetic drinks should be banned and made illegal
- Should court proceedings be documented for television?
- The most suitable age to have a right to vote.
- When can citizens start drinking and smoking (specific age)?
- On the whole, is there justice for all?
- Was the Industrial Revolution a Europe-wide phenomenon in the nineteenth century?
Classical argument topics
- It should be forbidden to use species of animals for research purposes and cruel experiments
- Should rainforests destructions be punished?
- To what extent are electric vehicles a solution to global pollution?
- Pros and cons of globalisation.
- Was Roosevelt right about building a Panama Canal?
- Are you on the side of King-Kong or militaries who interrupted his world to study it using violent measures?
- The risks the United States may face in terms of rapidly changing climate conditions.
- Earthquakes and their consequences.
- Tsunami: the death wave.
- Beautiful forests of Amazonia.
- Which species should be included in the Red Book (Liber Novus)?
- How can students add up to the social movement for nature's safety?
Controversial argumentative essay topics
- Third World War should be Prevented by Russian and US Governments
- Existing public school policies must be changed
- Is gun control an effective way to control the crime?
- Government should forbid same-sex marriages
- Society is turning over-regulated
- The countries with the highest levels of corruption.
- Are some political authorities engaged in illegal activities in the US?
- Should people with physical disabilities be accepted by the government?
- To be a politician: art or a born talent.
- Can anyone be above the law?
- Pros and cons of Monarchy.
- Is CIS a better alternative for the USSR?
Argumentative essay on technology
- Violent video games should be prohibited
- Does technology make people feel alone?
- YouTube Owners Should Check and Fix Comments That Involve Filthy Language
- Are people becoming technological zombies?
- Will humanity reach the time when there will be no more technological advancement?
- Influences of mobile phones: pros and cons
- Technology and education
Argumentative essay on social media
- Is technology limiting creativity?
- The role of communications in social networks for modern education.
- Are contemporary people too much reliant on technology?
- Are online friends more effective than imaginary?
- Is censorship of Internet necessary?
6th-grade argumentative essay topics
- First aid and medical help, in general, should become free
- People are good at heart (download and use an example now)
- People must spend less time on official work without any effect on their salaries
- Social movements must be financed by governments
- Parents have no right to control the lives of their children above 16
- Cloning must be banned
- Global warming (Just download the sample you need for free!)
- Are abortions legal?
- Cross-cultural marriages add up to racial tolerance
- Is it OK to date a younger male?
- What us incest?
- What should be the role of partners in relationship and family?
- Is online dating safe and productive?
- Will people start marrying their computers soon?
Funny argument topics
- Would Batman be in law in a real world?
- 2D vs. 3D vs. 4D: What's Next?
- Can the chip control the human mind like they do in superhero movies?
- Does Griffins Family correspond to the typical American family?
- Graffiti is an illegal art. How should it be punished?
- Marijuana should be legal.
- Should parents be soft on their children?
Art, Music & Movie Ideas for Papers
- Does art pay?
- Can music and cinematography be called an art too?
- Is gothic art the most preferred and magnificent in history of mankind?
- Can you succeed in life working in the field of art?
- Are today's music tracks educational or meaningful at all?
- Is modern lyrics too explicit for a young audience?
- There is no plot in the majority of up-to-date movies.
- How long should a motion picture last?
DOWNLOAD MORE ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY SAMPLES
VALUABLE TIPS & SIGNS OF THE GREAT TOPIC IDEAS
If you wish everyone to read your piece with the bated breath, try to:
- Pick a topic that everyone is currently discussing. Pay attention to the rumours.
- Select a question an answer to which is still unknown to many people.
- Choose an audience that does not agree with your point.
- Decide on the problem on which everyone has a specific point of view.
- Choose an issue based on your own interests, but don't go too far!
Here we have shared some of the most effective tips:
- No obvious argumentative paper topics!
- Do not stop on those topics that do not arise any arguments. Topics that state scientific facts proved by centuries do not work.
- A debatable essay must focus on the critical issue which leads to the global conflicts.
- Almost every second problem related to politics is a good choice. You may also write something about your school, college or university policies that annoy you or make students argue with their teachers and principals.
- Skip topics that people tend to agree on.
- At the same time, it is better to pass by argumentative essay topics connected with religion, gender, race, and other sensitive episodes of human life. Otherwise, your subjective opinion may be graded subjectively.
- It is better to write your essay following APA style. You may read how to format academic papers in APA here.
Remember: the world is not black-and-white. There are always two sides of the coin. So, even if you're pretty sure in your claim, and the majority of people tend to support it, consider the arguments of the opposing side. Only then your argumentative paper will be graded respectively high.
As you can see, the procedure is everywhere the same. But the idea is to choose the most exciting argumentative paper topics in order to impress both your audience and your teacher. It's like a competition, where the highest grade is your prize. Whenever you need immediate help with your assignment, turn to the professional writing service which can compose an argumentative essay on any topics in several hours.
A FEW WORDS ABOUT STRUCTURE
Just like any other academic paper, argumentative essay requires such steps as:
- In-depth research
- Gathering of information
- Picking the most credible and up-to-date sources
- Writing a draft
- Writing compare and contrast essay itself
- Revising (at least twice)
Speaking about the organisation and structure of the argumentative essay, we offer a five-paragraph paper outline. Let your original ideas flow in this manner:
A conclusion is, no doubt, the most important part of the argumentative essay as you can either support the good impression or destroy it entirely. If you want to avoid typical mistakes, find valuable recommendations in this article.
It all seems easy: just select, draft, write and revise. You may keep your argumentative essays for your future job portfolio in case they are highly graded. We recommend fixing them a bit once your teacher returns the checked version to you. The next time, the process would seem much easier to you.
If you have no desire to waste time on selecting the best topic and writing the whole argumentative essay from scratch, don't forget that you have a loyal team of professionals by your side. We are always ready to help for affordable prices - just contact us in the case of any questions or need for additional information. Expand your horizons by ordering an outstanding argumentative paper from expert US writers!
GRAB YOUR "A" ESSAY HERE!
Seeking professional writing guidance? – This is just the right place!
Get a price quote & proceed with the order!
How long could you go without technology?
We live in the world which is connected with technology. When was the last time you left your home without your mobile phone, watched television or chatted with your friends online? Chances are, not very long ago. Even though technology has many benefits, it also affects the way how people socialize and communicate all together – lack of emotions, ignorance of personal space and absence of intimacy.
Now, let`s imagine just one day without technology. A world without technology means a life without: computers, mobile phones, gadgets, cars, medical equipment and this list can go on. Silence would cover the world…or not? Chaos or peace? Without technology the world would definitely change, but how? Will letters replace e-mails? Will we turn to reading books, instead of searching online? Will we use old methods to communicate? Will we walk more? Total silence is almost unbearable, when you hear your own heartbeat. Does it look like something we have been dreaming about? Apparently, the answer is: `No! `
Taking into account the fact, that people start using technology from the youth; can you think of the effects of communication technology on teenagers? It`s important to speak namely about teenagers, as they are considered the most vulnerable and easily-affected part of humanity. Over the last decade, technology became an essential part of many teenagers` lives. It`s overwhelming and they can`t get away from it, because it becomes a habit, a way of life. The problem is that we can`t identify when online social networking becomes an addiction. An average person spends about an hour a day for communication online. Some teenagers spend much more than that. Even though technology has grown to be a major aspect of society in our daily activities, teenagers have to be aware of the consequences if it is excessively used.
In case you want to write an argumentative essay on technology and disclose the pros and cons of this notion, you should search for the topic that will be controversial for you first of all. Therefore, while writing, you will find the benefits and downfalls of technology. Once you found the answers for your own questions, be sure, your essay is worth reading.
Technology essay topics may include quite a wide range of concepts and ideas. This sphere involves enormous amount of people every day, as technology is everywhere. You might want to insert statistical data in your essays about technology, which is absolutely reasonable. Since there`s a large number of topics that can be covered, here are 10 best ideas, that might encourage an original topic of your own.
- Do the mass media and information technology have an influence on the process of globalization?
- Effects of technology on communication in modern society.
- Is it a benefit or downfall to insert technology in education?
- Beneficial role of technology in helping people obtain an education.
- Technology today: a scourge or blessing?
- What should be invented by social media developers in order to protect privacy?
- Self-explanatory question: `Is fast developing technology good or bad for people`s psychological state? `
- Restrictions for cars based on emission testing and level of pollution.
- Can artificial intelligence replace teachers at school, doctors in the hospital, housewives at home?
- The next grand innovation in technology is…
While writing a technology essay on one of these topics, make sure that your essay looks at the roots of our society and our technology. If we really care of what`s happening around us, we should take care of the roots. The roots aren`t always visible, but they are incredibly important. Technology is changing the world we live in and it should be shown in the essay. It`s important to acknowledge, that the essay about technology isn`t self-evident. It might seem clear at first sight, but in fact your aim is to explain your position and be able to argue for it. It requires more than just learning the subject, it requires getting into the deeper understanding, such as creating controversial statements, showing two argumentative sides, making up counterarguments.
Thus, before writing an essay on technology, choose a topic wisely. It should be not just relevant and interesting, but also frequently discussed. Firstly, it will be of a great benefit, if you read a lot of technology essays on the chosen topic and come up with your own ideas on the problem. Secondly, search for a proper amount of evidence to substantiate your opinion.
If you want to write a really persuasive essay on technology, be confident in your own point of view. Readers will feel your insecurity straight away and might stop reading halfway. And your own opinion should be supported by facts and examples. For instance, my analysis proves that technology has lots of disadvantages, such as pollution, global warming, issues with communication; technology can be the reason of the complex of inferiority in many cases. Here, I would like to stop and stress your attention to the amount of advantages and situation where technology disappears or stops its developing. Hard to imagine the scope of harm that people can be put in without being connected in the modern world. The range of problems that would immediately appear in the sphere of security, medicine, insurance, ecology, business and labour is impossible to measure. These are things that could be overcome though. In my opinion, the one thing that people won`t be able to cope with is making a step back. Since the humanity has already experienced fast travelling, speed dating, online banking, quick money transferring, it will be the a great step back for all the nations to refuse all these innovations and go back to, obviously, less comfortable way of life. Although, people can adjust to any lifestyle and are able to go through a lot of obstacles, the reverse phycology would be helpless here. If the humanity have had to give up on technology and go back to `stone age` it would have led to resistance, insurrection and riots.
To knock all of the heap, essays on technology should include three main components: confidence from the author on his own standpoint, properly chosen topic and the ability to `look deeply in the roots`. Let your technology essays inspire other people`s imagination and creativity, this is the best possible recognition of your writing skills and talent.
If you liked the essay, please have a look at and order an essay online from the Bigessaywriter.com