20 Argumentative Essay Topics For Middle School
An argumentative essay is designed to explain to your reader information about one side of an argument. It is a lot like a persuasive essay because the idea is to explain one side of an issue but the idea is to present the facts without your opinion involved. A persuasive essay would display personal opinions. So for an argumentative essay simply state which side of the issue you believe in and then give your reasoning as to why you believe it.
There are some great topics to consider when choosing a topic for your argumentative essay. You would choose a topic that interests you. Once you have the topic, answer the question and then support your answer with at least three reasons why you believe it. For example, if you take the first option on the list, you can write that sports should not be coed and then tell your reader three reasons why it shouldn’t be coed.
- Should sports be coed?
- Should schools sell fast food?
- Should students wear school uniforms?
- Should there be harsher punishments for bullying?
- Is it fair to ban preteenagers and teenagers from the mall without adult supervision?
- Should there be less homework?
- When are you old enough to stay home alone?
- Should middle school students still have a bed time?
- Does summer school benefit the student?
- How would you change the school lunch menu?
- Should school sports be mandatory?
- Do kids watch too much television?
- Should kids have chores?
- Should you have to wear your seat belt on the bus?
- Should students who play sports still have to take Gym class?
- Should children be more concerned with what they eat so that they don’t have health problems when they get older?
- Should you get a larger allowance?
- Should school be year round with more breaks to improve education?
- Do violent games and television shows make kids violent?
- Should your school have a school newspaper?
Any one of these topics would work well. They are designed to establish a question pertaining to a conflicted view and then challenge yourself to prove your stance. Therefore, you would tell your side of the dispute and then for each body paragraph talk about a different reason why you believe it.
The 15 Best Opinion Essay Topics For 7th Grade Students
The most important thing you need to keep in mind while writing an opinion essay is that you need to express your opinion. It is not exactly an argumentative discussion where you provide an argument and then the counter argument. You do not have to provide someone else’s point of view instead write what you personally think about the situation or subject.
The best opinion essay topics by myessaywriting.comcompany:
- Which one do you prefer, living in the country or living in the city?
- Face to face communication has been damaged beyond repair due to social networking. Do you agree or disagree?
- Do you think people gain success only because of hard work or luck plays a part?
- Do you think movies or TV episodes influence the watcher’s behavior? What kind of things will leave an impression on the viewer? Give examples and case studies in support of your views.
- We have to do stuff that we do not enjoy, yet circumstances make us do it. Do you think we always have a choice?
- Which is better: going to school or being home schooled?
- What is your stand when it comes to the relationship between humans and earth? Do you think we are destroying nature or humans make earth a better place?
- Why should a person go to the museum when visiting a foreign country? What do you think you will learn if you go to a museum in a different country?
- Which is better, eating at a food joint or preparing your food at home? Give scientific reasons behind your choice.
- How to spend a holiday?
- Do you think Zoos and national parks serves any purpose? Should wild animals be kept in enclosures sole for the purpose of the human race’s entertainment?
- While some argue that advertising make us buy unnecessary products others point out that it helps in promoting knowledge about a new product. What do you think?
- Which animal do you think is the most useful to hums? Give reasons as to why you think it is useful.
- Why do you think motion pictures are so much more popular than books? Even when books are more informative. Which one do you prefer and why?
- Which one do you think is more productive: studying alone in a calm environment or studying with a group of friends and helping each other out whenever necessary?