Procurement Officer Cover Letter
Procurement Officers are in charge for purchasing materials and supplies for an organization at competitive prices. Typical job activities of a Procurement Officer are negotiating contracts with vendors, managing inventories, checking payments, finding out if products and services have been delivered, initiating business partnerships, re-evaluating existing contracts, finding ways to reduce expenses, applying risk management procedures, and improving company effectiveness.
A well-written cover letter sample for this job should focus on the following Procurement Officer qualifications:
- Procurement experience
- Market research skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Organization and planning
- Training in business administration and supply chain management
- Strong numeracy skills
- Decision-making abilities
Relevant Procurement Officer skills and experience are visible in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Procurement Officer Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Ritter:
With this letter and the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Procurement Officer position you have available. As a skilled and successful purchasing department manager with more than 10 years of experience, I possess the knowledge and experience that will allow me to make an immediate and positive impact on your company.
With an extensive background successfully implementing strategic purchasing processes and initiatives to minimize costs while optimizing profit margins, I have become adept at ensuring prices align with corporate financial objectives, as well as overseeing process improvement initiatives to drive business success. Additionally, I excel at researching product offerings, comparing prices, and networking effectively with suppliers.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Spearheading comprehensive procurement activities—including supplier selection, contract negotiation, cost reporting, and estimating—while leading departments of up to 22 employees.
- Forecasting product needs through close communication with cross-functional departmental managers.
- Coordinating with both internal and external customers to ensure appropriate product selection.
- Interviewing, hiring, coaching, and training new employees to peak performance levels.
- Demonstrating excellent analytical, problem solving, research, and communication abilities, along with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
My proven dedication to optimizing purchasing success, along with my ability to build dynamic relationships with vendors and suppliers, will contribute immensely to the success of your company. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Karen J. McLain
Procurement Specialist Resume Objectives
Procurement Specialists can be found in a number of different organizations, and they serve a vital role in ensuring that the business maintains high performance standards and remains profitable. Highlight any skills or qualifications that make you well-equipped to handle the responsibilities of this position in your resume objective.
What The Procurement Specialist Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The primary function of a Procurement Specialist is to obtain the services and items the company needs to function. This involves finding the best prices for those supplies as well as getting them in a timely manner so that everyone in the company is able to do their job when they need to. Other tasks associated with this position include contacting suppliers to resolve late shipments or shortages, tracking the status of orders, comparing prices to find the best possible deal and keeping inventory. Any courses in accounting or business can be beneficial in this profession as well as any familiarity with accounting and calendar software. Your objective statement should let the hiring manager know that you have what it takes to be an asset within the organization.
Sample Procurement Specialist Resume Objectives
It is vital that you include the name of the company in the resume objective. This shows a genuine interest in working with the company. The following are example objectives you can customize for your own resume:
1. Obtain a Procurement Specialist position at ABC company to utilize background in accounting and economic principles.
2. Looking for employment as a Procurement Specialist in order to utilize skills in communication and information processing for the benefit of ABC company.
3. Gain a Procurement Specialist position with ABC company to benefit the organization with experiences in maintaining inventory and tracking orders.
4. A highly organized professional with 10+ years of experience in comparing prices, responding to supplier inquiries and preparing price lists seeking a Procurement Specialist position at ABC company.
5. Seeking a position at ABC company as a Procurement Specialist to utilize familiarity with scheduling and accounting software.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.