At Ravenstone we believe that homework should consolidate and enrich children's knowledge and understanding and also develop life skills such as deadlines and the ability to self organise.
Our aims for setting homework are:
• to practise, consolidate, reinforce and extend learning in class
• to develop a partnership with home and school
• to encourage children to take responsibility for their own learning.
The core homework tasks we set are:
- learning spellings
- a daily maths fluency booklet exercise
- practising multiplication tables
- completing an English task
We also set occasional homework projects in KS2 based on the broader curriculum.
Please click on the links for more information and PDFs which you can print out if you wish.
Spellings Set H
Year 4 Statutory Spelling List
High Frequency Words
As a school we continue to see the value in Mathletics, however we will no longer be setting a weekly task from this resource. Please continue to encourage your children to logon and practise any area of Maths they wish to.
Multiplication and Division Tables
More Maths to do at home!
21 Table Facts
Autumn 2 2017
This term we are learning about the human circulatory system and the effects of what we eat and drink on the body.
Your homework project for this half term is to create a poster or slideshow which shows how the foods we eat affect the body.
Your work could focus on:
- Advertising healthy foods to eat
- The dangers of too much unhealthy food
- What are unhealthy foods and why are they unhealthy?
-What is a balanced meal diet?
-How much sugar is in everyday foods we eat?
Autumn Term 1 2017
Autumn 1 Homework Project Y5/6
What do you know about Ancient Egypt?
Ideas for what you could do:
- Find out about mummification. Create a Power point or a written project.
- Compare Egypt today to Egypt in the past. Create a fact file.
- Draw a map of the River Nile and record key facts.
- Make a cartouche with hieroglyphics.
- Make a collar necklace for a Pharaoh.
- Any ideas of your own.